Happy New Year everyone.(and by everyone I mean the three people that actually read this blog) I thought I might start off the new year with a little humor. Here are some strange, odd, weird and unusual laws pertaining to animals from around the country.
1. Animals in California are not permitted to mate within 500 yards of a church or school. – OK, what in the world is going on in California that this law had to be passed?
2. In Connecticut, dogs with tattoos must be reported to the authorities. – Are there random groups of tattooed dog gangs running around? Punks with paws so to speak.
3. In Sterling, Colorado, cats may not roam freely unless they are wearing a taillight. – I’m assuming that there was a problem with cats getting in rear end collisions.
4. In one Oklahoma town, dogs may not congregate in groups of three or more on private property unless they have a permit signed by the mayor. – Another dog gang related law. What is going on here?
5. Another Oklahoma ordinance forbids making “ugly faces” at dogs. – I think these “Sooners” have dog issues.
6. In Oklahoma, it is illegal to have the hind legs of any animal in your boots. – Seriously, what in the world is going on in Oklahoma?!
7. In International Falls, Minnesota, cats are not permitted to chase dogs up telephone poles. – There must be some bad ass cats in International Falls!!
8. Illinois purportedly has several unusual laws pertaining to pets: There, it is illegal to give a dog whiskey, to give a lighted cigar to a dog, cat or any other domesticated animal, to keep a smelly dog, or to take a French Poodle to the opera. – Illinois is so messed up that these laws are not surprising to me. My dog is gonna be upset when he finds out he can’t have his nightly glass of whiskey and cigar!!
9. In Arizona, donkeys cannot sleep in bathtubs – Either Arizona has big tubs or small donkeys. Either way, it’s weird!
10. In Iowa, horses are not permitted to eat fire hydrants – Iowa horses bust have some strong chompers!
11. In Minnesota it is illegal to cross the border into Wisconsin with a chicken upon ones head – Wait, what!
12. In Nebraska it is illegal to fish for whales – ‘Cause, yeah, there are tons of whales in Nebraska. Or maybe they’ve been fished into extinction.
13. In Pennsylvania, a motorist seeing horses coming in their direction must pull off the road, cover/camouflage his car with a blanket or canvas in order that it blends in with the countryside until the horses pass. – Huh?
14. In Utah, Birds have the right of way on all public highways. – Finally, one that makes sense.
15. In Wyoming, You may not take a photograph of a rabbit from January to April without an official permit. – Well, yeah.
16. In Alaska, it is illegal to push a moose out of an airplane. – You guys do know moose can’t fly right?
17. It’s illegal in Florida to confine or tether a pregnant pig in a way that prevents her from turning around freely. – Because they want those those preggo porkers to be able to do the Hokey Pokey for cripes sake!!
18. In South Dakota, No horses are allowed into the Fountain Inn unless they are wearing pants. – No one wants to see that!!
19. In Berkley CA, it is illegal to whistle for your escaped pet bird before 7:00 A.M. – OK, this IS Berkley CA. Surely this doesn’t surprise anyone.
20. In Arkansas, it is illegal to blindfold cows on public Highways. – Geeze people, the cows need to see where they are going.